Chia seeds are wonderful little seeds high in protein, fibre, and healthy omega-3 fats. They can also be added to breakfast smoothies for an added health boost, or my personal favourite, used to make many different types of delicious chia seed puddings. This yummy mango coconut chia pudding can be enjoyed at any time of day, whether as a healthy breakfast option, a midday snack, or as a delightful dessert after dinner. It takes no time at all to prepare; simply spend 10 minutes putting the ingredients together followed by 3-4 hours in the fridge and you’re all set to enjoy this delicious chia pudding.
How to Make Mango Chia Pudding
In a bowl, stir together the oats, coconut milk, chia seeds and honey. Let the mixture sit for about five minutes and then stir again to break up any clumps. Cover and place the mixture in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours. I like to do this step the night before and let it sit in my fridge all night!
While the coconut chia pudding is setting, peel the mango and chop them into small pieces.
To assemble the mango coconut chia pudding, grab two jars, bowls or glasses and spoon chia pudding into each. Top with a layer of mango pieces. Sprinkle with a few pieces of toasted coconut flakes on top and enjoy.
1/2 cup oats
1 cup low fat coconut milk + more if required
2 tbsp chia seeds
1-2 tbsp honey
1/2 mango, diced
1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes for garnish
- In a bowl mix in the oats, chia seeds, coconut milk and honey. After 10 mins, mix it in again. Cover with a lid and place it in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Spoon in the oats chia seeds mix into the serving jar.
- Top it with diced mangoes
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes & serve chilled.
- The mango chia pudding will keep in the fridge for at least 3-4 days so you can meal prep these little cups in advance
- You can make alternating layers of oats chia seeds mix and diced mango until the serving jar is filled to make it look prettier
- Add in your choice of dry fruits to it
- Instead of coconut milk use regular milk or almond milk