Since Khajur Rolls or Khajur burfi are filled with dry fruits they provide a soft yet chewy texture. They make a power-packed workout snack and perfect for those having sweet tooth and don’t want to indulge in refined sugar-based desserts.
Khajur barfi is completely sugarless as dates are the source of sweetness in this burfi.
500 gms seed less dates,
1/4th cup almonds, chopped,
1/4th cup almonds, slivered,
1/4th cup pistachios, chopped,
1/4th cup golden raisins, washed and clean dried,
1/4th cup pumpkin seeds, (optional, I have not used)
1/4th cup cashews, (optional, I have not used)
2-3 tbsp poppy seeds, dry roasted,
1-2 tsp ghee,
- Chop the dates finely or run it in a food processor to make it into fine pieces.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the ghee. Add the chopped dates and mix well.
- Let it simmer for 3-4 mins. Keep stirring in between.
- Add all the nuts and mix everything together. Remove from flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Now roll into 1.5 inch thick logs.
- Refrigerate this for about an hour.
- Spread the roasted poppy seeds on to a flat surface. Roll the dates log onto the poppy seeds making sure it coats evenly.
- Chop the sides to get an even surface. Now start cutting the log into thin 2-3 cm slices.
- Place it on a serving plate and serve.
This stays well for a very long time. Its like a nutri-bar which can be had daily. This tastes very delicious.