The combination of flavors and textures makes this a very exciting salad to eat! This salad is a winner!
Mango is a fruit I actually love a lot and cant get enough! I love how meaty and filling it is, the perfect amount of sweetness and it’s ability to make a smoothie extra creamy! Mango contains an ample amount of polyphenols, compounds that are antioxidants and help protect the body against free radical damage. Mangos also contain vitamin C which helps produce collagen in the body, necessary for healthy skin, and vitamin A which keeps skin firm and healthy!
Avocado plays an incredible role in improving the health of hair, skin, and nails. The power of this delicious fruit (yes avocados are a fruit!) is in the healthy fats avocados contain. Avocados are loaded with essential fatty acids including Omega-3 fatty acid which nourishes hair follicles and keeps skin moist and supple. Avocados also contain a great amount of vitamin E which helps to protect the skin against free radical damage and sun damage and vitamin A which helps keep nail tissues strong.
The avocado in this salad also adds a richness and taste and texture that contrasts wonderfully with the mango and cucumber. Avocados are just so creamy and delightful they make the perfect addition to this tasty mango avocado summer salad!
The dressing for this salad is incredibly simple but pairs perfectly with the rest of the ingredients in the salad. A bit of oil, touch of honey, squeeze of lemon, and dash of salt and pepper. Perfection! For the oil you can use either olive oil or avocado oil! I love how subtle avocado oil is so it’s definitely my top choice for the dressing but it’s totally up to you and both olive oil and avocado oil have essential fatty acids and benefits hair, skin, and nail health!
1/2 large sized ripe mango, peeled and diced,
1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced,
1 cucumber, diced,
5-6 fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
1 tbsp honey
Salt & pepper as per taste
Toss everything together and serve chilled.
- Use the freshest ingredients. The salad uses very minimal ingredients, so it all comes down to the quality of those ingredients.
- Toss in some cherry tomatoes if you wish to. If using regular regular tomatoes, chop them up small.
- Chiffonade the basil. Do this by rolling the leaves and then slice it to create strips. This means that the basil is more easily distributed throughout the salad when you toss it.
- Top this salad with toasted almonds or walnuts. It adds a nice crunch and compliments the mango very well.
- Another optional addition to this salad is goat cheese or dairy free cheese.
I love how quickly and easily this salad comes together and it’s so fresh and vibrant with an added creaminess from the avocado. This salad is great to add to your summer cookouts! It’s so quick and easy to make this salad, there’s no excuse not to try it.