Rich in dietary fiber, Vitamin B, and an apt substitute for meat, legumes are a great source of protein especially for vegetarians. Having a low glycemic index & low saturated fat, it also helps to reduce bad cholesterol and control blood sugar levels.
The other main ingredients used in this salad – peanuts & paneer are also a great source of protein, healthy fat and folate, aiding in overall weight loss.
This recipe does require a bit of pre-planning in terms of soaking & boiling the chickpeas, but once ready, it’s easy to rustle up.
Ingredients: (Serves – 6)
1 cup boiled kabuli chana (chickpeas)
1 cup boiled kala chana (black chickpeas)
1 cucumber, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1 cup paneer/tofu, cut into medium sized cubes
1 cup unsalted peanuts, roasted & skinned
1 small cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
1tsp black pepper
1tsp black salt
1tsp chaat masala
1tsp bhuna jeera
- Put all the ingredients in a big bowl
- Mix well
- Add the seasoning
- Add a squeeze of lime
- Mix again & adjust seasoning according to taste
- Serve immediately
- You can use any boiled legumes of your choice.
- You can add any other vegetables of your choice.
- If you don’t have black salt, you can use regular iodized salt instead.
- It is best to consume this salad immediately.
- For enhanced taste & health benefit use a glass or ceramic mixing bowl.
- If not consumed immediately, this salad can be refrigerated.