This is a quick and easy stir fry recipe that comes together in 30 minutes. It’s perfect for busy weeknights, plus it’s lighter and healthier than takeout! Takeout is often dripping with sweet, salty and oily sauces but this 4-ingredient sauce is light and so flavourful.
So, what can be replaced with the regular noodles which are good for the health and also will not change the taste of the dish? The substitute that I found was 'Rice Noodles'. Rice noodles are simply made of rice flour and water which helps in healthy digestion and is very easy to prepare at home as well. After doing so much research and replacements, I have come up with a delicious yet wholesome recipe.
Serves – 4
1 medium-sized pack of rice noodles (boiled)
1 cup broccoli florets
1 medium sized onion and tomato, chopped
1/2 cup coconut milk or fresh cream
1/2 cup yellow and red bell peppers (both half cup)
5-6 chopped mushrooms
7-8 garlic pods
2-3 tbsp tomato pure
1 tbsp olive oil
Seasonings: Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme, Chilli flakes, and salt.
1. Boil the rice noodles as per the instructions in the packet.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan.
3. Saute all the veggies for 4-5 mins.
2. Add 2-3 tbsp of tomato paste and mix well.
3. Add seasonings like oregano, chilli flakes, rosemary, thyme, and salt as per taste and then add some water and let it cook.
4. Then add 1/2 cup of coconut milk or fresh cream, mix well and bring it to a light boil.
5. Add rice noodles and mix well.
6. Once ready serve it hot.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thefitdotme