Healthy avocado toast is super easy to make and makes the perfect addition to any breakfast or an anytime snack! Mashed avocado spread over crusty whole-wheat bread, finished with olive oil, some crushed black pepper, and salt—does it get much better than that? It’s full of healthy, unsaturated fats, packed with fiber, and it’s an effortless breakfast or snack.
Avocado toast has become my new favorite breakfast/snack. It’s healthy, simple, and delicious and best of all, it’s super easy to make and ready in under 5 minutes. In fact, this recipe is so simple we can hardly call it a recipe, but I had to share it with you because of how good it is!
This recipe is for simple avocado toast but the possibilities are endless. Sometimes we like to zest up the avocado toast and top it with tomatoes, jalapenos, spinach, mushrooms, or pretty much anything else!
To begin, simply toast your bread. You can use any kind of toast or sliced bread you have but I like to use crusty bread or whole grain toast. Sourdough breads also work very well. Next, mash an avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add some lime juice, salt, pepper and olive oil then spread the mixture on the toasted slice of bread. Sprinkle with crushed pepper and serve!
If you’re having it for breakfast go ahead and top the avocado with an egg cooked any way you like. However, since I’m a vegetarian, I top it up with butter garlic mushrooms and they taste so heavenly!
Serves – 4
8-10 chopped mushrooms
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp minced garlic
8 bread slices (as it serves four: 2 each)
Salt and lime
Flaxseed or chilli flakes for garnishing.
- Heat butter in a frying pan, add minced garlic and sautee for a minute.
- Add the chopped mushroom along with little salt to taste.
- Saute until the mushroom has left all the water. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado into half, scoop it out on the plate and mash it with a fork. Add little salt and few drops of lime as per the taste. Set aside.
- Take the sliced bread and toast them on the pan until they are brown and nicely crisp.
- Layer the toast with the mashed avocado, add sautéed mushrooms on it and garnish it by flaxseeds or chilli flakes.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thefitdotme