Egg Bhurji is a satisfying combination of scrambled eggs and spicy onion which you can have during any time of the day. This is loved for breakfast in India, as it is not only because of its heavenly taste but also because it is super easy to make. Not only breakfast, but you can also have it for any meal of the day. It is very similar to Akuri, a Paris breakfast dish but Akuri is runnier as compared to Bhurji.
This dish is especially loved by the ones who are going out for work on a regular basis or the ones who want to make something quick, healthy, and delicious for their breakfast or for their kid’s lunch box.
Homemade Egg Bhurji Versus Street Style Egg Bhurji
The difference between the Street Style and the Homemade Version of Egg Bhurji is of the special spice powder that the street vendors add while preparing this delectable dish which is the Pav Bhaji Masala. These two teaspoons of Pav Bhaji Masala add wonders to the dish by taking its taste to the top-notch level.
Variations In Egg Bhurji:
- If you want the street style taste, use Pav Bhaji Masala in the Bhurji.
- Do not miss the butter, it gives it a delicious taste.
- Do not overcook the eggs. Cook till they are just cooked, as they will continue cooking even after you switch off the gas.
- For more fluffy eggs, add in a little milk while whisking the eggs.
- You can add in veggies such as Mushrooms, Green Onions, Tomatoes, Bell Pepper etc for extra nutrition and to make it wholesome.
- It goes really well with some hot Roti, Tawa Paratha, or even Lachha Paratha. You can also serve it with a Bread Toast for breakfast with a hot cup of Masala Chai or Filter Coffee.
- But, if you wish to present it in Street Style, then serve it with either a few slices of bread or with some soft and crispy Laddi Pav.
- You can also make a Bhurji Sandwich, by stuffing this spicy Bhurji in between two bread along with a slice of cheese and then toasting it or make a kathi roll along with spicy green chutney and some onion slices.