So a few years back, she asked me what gift I would want, and I told her I wanted a nice cake stand. Over the years, we moved to different cities but she had the thought in her mind. She kept telling me at many instances that she is still waiting to gift me a cake stand. So this time, while she visited, she got me this beautiful cake stand. I just loved it!!! Its so beautiful 🙂 Don’t you agree??? And what makes it beautiful is that its a gift out of pure friendship, respect and love. Thank you my friend 🙂 I love you 🙂
I decided to make this beautiful chocolate truffle cake to garnish this beautiful cake stand!!!
2 cups flour,
¾ cups cocoa powder,
1 ½ tsp baking powder,
2 tsp baking soda,
A pinch of salt,
1 cup milk,
1 tsp vanilla essence,
2 cups powdered sugar,
½ cup oil,
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a 9 inch cake tin with butter paper. Grease the paper and the sides of the pan well.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set it aside.
- In another big bowl, add the sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence and beat with an electric mixer for about two minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly two spoonfuls at a time.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
For the ganache:
1/2 kg dark chocolate
250 ml fresh cream, (I have used Amul fresh cream)
Bring the fresh cream to a light boil. Add the chopped chocolates, and mix well. Mix until there are no lumps. Allow it to come to room temperature before you start frosting the cake.
In a small bowl, mix 4 tbsp of powdered sugar and 1 cup of water until the sugar completely dissolves. At this stage for flavoring you could add 1 tbsp of dark rum or coffee decoction as per preference. Place the cake on a chopping board. Slice the cake horizontally into 3 equal slices. Place the first slice on the serving plate or cake board. Sprinkle the flavored sugar syrup evenly on this. Top it with a nice layer of ganache. On top of this place the next slice of cake. Repeat the same process again. Finally cover the top and sides with ganache. Decorate with florets and sprinkles. Keep this in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving.
Cut into equal portions and serve chilled.