This one is an easy recipe but since you use the super fine nozzle its slightly tedious. The important flavour of this sev is the omam or carrom seeds or ajwain.
1 cup gram flour,
1/4th cup rice flour,
1 tbsp cooking butter,
1 tsp ajwain or carrom seeds,
1 tbsp hot oil,
1/4th tsp asafoetida,
Salt as per taste,
Oil for deep frying
- Dry roast ajwain until a nice aroma comes. Then coarsely ground it. Add the powdered ajwain to 2-3 tbsp of warm water and set aside for a while.Then filter it and keep aside.
- Sieve the gram flour and rice flour and transfer this into a mixing bowl. Add the filtered ajwain water, hot oil, butter and required salt and mix it.
- Add water little by little to form a soft sticky dough.
- Meanwhile heat oil and bring it to a smoking hot point.
- Take your sev press and fill it till 3/4th. Press it in the preheated oil starting from the corners like a circle finishing it up in the middle.
- Once it is cooked on one side turn over to other side and cook. Repeat this process for the rest of the dough.
- Drain in tissue paper , cool down and store it in an airtight container.