Roti’s or phulka’s as we call them has a low glycemic index. It is rich in vitamin B, iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium. It is made from whole wheat flour mixed with water so when it is roasted, it’s dehydrated which increases the shelf life. People allergic to gluten can opt for other millets like jowar, bajra, ragi which are healthier alternatives. It has many health benefits and is one of the healthiest things to consume when hungry.
It’s a great preworkout meal, and I have it before an intense workout like a long run. It give the right amount of carbs and sugar to kick start an intense workout.
3 tbsp crushed jaggery
2 tbsp ghee(melted)
1.5 tbsp chopped almonds (optional)
1/8 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
1. Take leftover rotis / chapathis, tear it roughly. Transfer to a dry mixer jar.
2. Add jaggery, grind to a coarse mixture. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
3. Add ghee, chopped almonds and cardamom powder. Mix it well.
4. Take the mixture press, hold tight and shape them as laddoos. Repeat to finish the mixture.
5. Store in a clean dry container.
• You can use leftover chapathis or tawa paratha’s. or can make it from fresh roti’s too.
• I added chopped almonds you can add other nuts like cashews too.
• Keeps well for 2 days in room temperature.
Check out more such Low Calorie Healthy Recipes.