Bruschetta is usually served as a snack or appetizer. Its a great party pleaser too. Here is a healthy version of Bruschetta – minus the cheese!!!
1 small baguette, sliced at an angle vertically,
1/2 cup basil pesto,
4-5 garlic pods,
Olive oil, as required,
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped,
1/2 cup tomato finely chopped,
- Place the sliced baguettes on a baking tray and slightly toast it for 7-8 mins at 200 degrees.
- Remove and arrange it in the serving plate.
- Rub the garlic pods on the toasted baguette slices. Drizzle with some olive oil.
- Spread a spoon full of pesto.
- Top it up with chopped onion and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
You can serve it with your choice of toppings of olives, cheese, fresh cucumber, etc. The choices are endless and entirely upto your creativity.
Stay tuned for more Low Cal Recipes!