- Preheat the oven to the lowest heat setting.
- Depending on how big you’d like them, either slice the tomatoes, or halve them (the bigger they are, the longer they will take to dry up). Scoop out the seeds and drain out the juice as much as possible as it will reduce the oven time.
- Place the tomatoes on the baking tray. Place the crushed garlic on top of each tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle a generous amount of olive oil on top of the tomatoes.
- Bake or grill at the lowest oven temperature (mine is 100 degrees) for 2-3 hours.
- Remove when the moisture from the tomatoes have almost evaporated.
- Place the tomatoes in a sterilized glass jar and cover it with some more olive oil.
If you are a garlic lover like me, trust me the garlic tastes awesome once roasted. You could use these tomatoes on pizzas, foccacia breads, salads, or just eat it as is. They taste amazing just on their own. You could also serve them up as sides with drinks too.