I decided to make this pancake with banana and sesame this time. Banana has a rich source of anti-oxidants and has good amount of soluble dietary fiber. Sesame seeds are rich in omega-6 fatty acids and dietary fiber.
1 cup plain flour ( maida)
1/4th cup powdered sugar,
1 tsp baking powder,
1 tbsp white sesame seeds,
1 egg, (optional, I have not used it)
2 ripe bananas,
2-3 cups of milk, (may require more),
1/2 tsp vanilla essence,
2-3 tbsp of butter,
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and sesame seeds together and set aside.
- Next, mash the bananas and pour in about 1 cup of milk and mix well. If adding egg, beat the egg into the same mixture. Add the vanilla essence as well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gently add the remaining milk slowly being careful of the consistency.
- You should get a pouring consistency. Adjust the sweetness depending upon taste.
- In a non stick pan, pour a laddle full of batter. Cover the sides with butter, and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.