Include methi in your everyday diet because of its nutritional benefits. Methi is bitter in taste, but looking at this green leafy vegetable’s health benefits it is very essential to include this in our daily diet. Methi helps in reducing cholesterol, lowers the risk of heart disease, helps in losing weight, and improves digestion, thus include methi in your everyday diet and eat it as often as possible.
Since these leaves have a slightly bitter taste to them, that’s why they pair beautifully with sweet green peas and fresh cream in methi malai matar . This is a rich dish because it has a lot of cream, cashews so it’s perfect for special occasions or when you have some guests over for dinner. But if you are going crazy over all the cream in this recipe then you can definitely cut down on it, traditionally though it is supposed to be made like this – yes with lots of cream!
Serves – 4
Masala – 1
1 onion, diced,
1 inch ginger,
3-4 garlic pods, (optional)
2 green chillies,
Masala – 2
1 green cardamom,
1 black cardamon,
1-2 small sticks of cinnamon,
1tsp black pepper corns,
- Grind the ingredients in Masala 1 and Masala 2 separately and set aside.
- Heat butter in a wok and add the cumin seeds. Once they become golden brown, add the ground Masala 1.
- Once the masala turns golden brown, add the chopped methi and stir well. Add the sugar and add the salt as per taste. Cover and allow it to cook half way.
- Add the green peas and stir well. Cover and simmer until the peas are cooked half way.
- Add the ingredients of Masala 2 and mix well. Keep stirring and add a little water to adjust the consistency.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Sprinkle the kasuri meethi and serve hot.