How To Freeze Aloo Tikki:
- Follow the recipe to make the aloo tikki as mentioned below.
- Roll the patties in the bread crumbs and arrange it in a plate.
- Keep this plate in the freezer until the patties are completely set or frozen.
- Slowly remove each pattie and store it in a big ziplock packet.
- In case you want to store it in a box, put a layer of patties at the bottom. Cover it with butter paper and then arrange the next layer. This way it will be easy to remove the patties without getting stuck to each other.
- Before using, thaw the patties and allow it to come to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients to form a smooth dough like mixture. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions and roll them into small size balls.
- Take each ball and gently press it between your palms and make a round shaped 1/2-inch thick pattie.
- Coat prepared pattie with breadcrumbs on all sides by rolling it in breadcrumbs filled plate.
- Heat non-stick flat pan (tawa) or and shallow fry the patties.
- Transfer prepared tikki’s to a plate. Serve hot and crispy aloo tikki’s with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
You could also drizzle some tamarind chutney and green chutney on top of it. You could also add thin curd and some chaat masala powder to make it even more spicy and tangy. The possibilities are limitless.