I loved this golden fried prawns that they showed as a demo in the JW Kitchen. Absolutely subtle yet distinct flavors.
On my next visit to Kolkata I surely do want to visit the East of Kolkata to get a sense of the Kolkatian with Chinese influence. I also wish to purchase some locally produced sauces. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one!!!
Sharing with you the recipe of this lovely dish. Just a few ingredients and one great dish.
1 cup corn flour
1 cup refined flour,
- Marinate the prawns for 30 minutes in seasoning [Seasoning includes salt and pepper]
- Combine the corn flour and refined flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp baking soda and salt as per taste.
- Mix with water and beat to a pouring consistency.
- Dip the seasoned prawns in batter and fry until golden. Remove and set it aside.
- In a wok, heat oil. Add the green chillies, ginger juliennes, spring onions and cilantro and stir fry.
- Add the golden prawns and sautee it for a minute or two.
- Serve immediately.