Ingredients For Basil Pesto:
100 gms Italian Basil,
1/2 cup pinenuts,
1/4 cup garlic pods,
1/4 cup olive oil,
2 tbsp grated parmesan,
Salt as per taste
- Wash and clean the basil leaves and allow it to completely dry.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and churn it into a fine paste.
- Adjust salt as required.
- If you want to store the pesto, just cover it with enough olive oil and keep it refrigerated for upto 1 week.
Ingredients For Pasta:
2 cups pasta of your choice (Fusilli, Spaghetti, Fettuccini, Penne, or Farfalle)
2-3 tbsp Basil Pesto, as per taste,
1 tsp chilli flakes,
1-2 tsp olive oil,
Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese for garnish
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel and bring about 1 liter of water to a boil. Add 1 tsp of salt to the boiling water.
- Add the pasta of your choice and cook until al dente.
- Drain and run though cold water. Toss it with some olive oil and leave it aside.
- At the time of serving, mix the basil pesto as per taste to the cooked pasta.
- Adjust the salt.
- Garnish with grated cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, and chilli flakes.