300 gms lady’s finger, washed, dried, cut into 1 inch pieces,
1 large onion, chopped finely,
1 large tomato, chopped finely,
1 tsp ginger garlic paste,
1 tsp mustard seeds,
1 tsp cumin seeds,
1 tsp turmeric powder,
1 tsp red chilli powder,
1 tsp amchoor or dry mango powder,
1 tsp garam masala powder,
2 tbsp oil,
Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and allow it to crackle. Add the onions and fry until golden brown in color.
- Add the tomatoes and ginger garlic paste and fry well. Add the turmeric and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Once the oil separates, add the cut lady’s finger pieces and mix well. Add salt and mix well.
- Do not cover the pan. Allow the lady’s finger to cook on its own for some time.
- Once cooked to satisfaction, add the dry mango powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve hot.
Serve this with hot steamed rice or roti’s. They taste delicious.