500 gms mutton liver, cut into pieces,
1 large onion, finely chopped,
1 medium tomato, finely chopped,
2 tbsp tomato puree, (I have used readymade)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste,
2 green chillies slit lengthwise,
8-10 curry leaves,
2-3 tsp red chilli powder,
1 tsp turmeric powder,
2 tsp cumin powder,
1 tsp coriander powder,
1 tsp garam masala powder,
2-3 tbsp oil,
Salt as per taste
- Wash and clean the liver pieces under running water and drain the excess water. Rub some turmeric powder on them and set it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat oil. Add the chopped onions, curry leaves and ginger garlic paste and fry until golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato and fry until the oil separates.
- Add the cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the liver pieces, slit green chillies and tomato puree and mix well. Adjust the salt as per taste.
- Add about 1/4 cup hot boiled water and cook for exactly 5-7 mins.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve hot.
Kaleji takes very less time to cook. Do not cook it more than 5-7 mins until tender. If cooked more, it would turn rubbery and not taste well. If you want a little runny gravy, add enough water the first time itself.
Hop over at my SIL’s blog as she is running this Marathon with me.