It was really quick and very delicious. I followed Lubna’s instructions.
1 can of Haldiram rasgulla (8 pieces)
1/2 liter milk,
2 tbsp condensed milk (Milkmaid)
6 tbsp Badam Mix powder (I have used MTR)
Chopped pistachios for garnish
- In a medium sized vessel, bring the milk to a boil and allow it to simmer for 10 mins. Keep stirring in between.
- Empty the can of rasgullas into another bowl. Press out the excess liquid from the rasgullas and discard the sugar syrup.
- Add the condensed milk to the boiling milk. Mix well.
- Stir in the badam mix powder one tablespoon at a time.
- Allow this to simmer for another 6-7 mins.
- Slowly tip in the dry rasgullas and mix well. Allow this to simmer for another 10 mins. You will see that the rasgullas puff up.
- Remove and allow it to cool. Refridgerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve chilled garnished with pistachios.
After the rasmalai’s have chilled in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours you will see that the sweet liquid has thickened quite a bit. The badam mix has sugar added to it. So keep checking the sweetness as you add the powder to the milk. The badam mix also has lots of chopped nuts and green cardamom added to the powder. So there is no need to add extra cardamom powder.
Hop over at my SIL’s blog as she is running this Marathon with me.