4 cups cooked basmati rice, (I have used regular rice)
1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced,
1/2 cup carrot, cut lenght wise,
1/2 cup green beans, cut into inch pieces,
1/2 cup green peas,
1/2 cup capsicum, cut in cubes,
3-4 green chillies, finely chopped,
2-3 tbsp butter, (I have used Amul butter)
1-1/2 tbsp pav bhaji masala,
1 tsp turmeric powder,
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste,
Salt as per taste,
Green coriander for garnishing,
- Take a girdle/pan and set it on the stove. Allow it to become completely hot. Keeping the flame high, add the butter. As it sizzles, add the onion and fry. As it turns golden brown, add the ginger garlic paste.
- Keep stirring and keeping the flame high, add the carrots and green beans and stir fry for 3-4 mins.
- Next add the capsicum and green peas and stir fry for another 3-4 mins.
- Remember you are not looking at cooking the vegetables. All the vegetables should be half cooked and retain the crunch.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt, and green chillies and mix well.
- Reduce the flame and add the pav bhaji masala.
- Now slowly add the rice and mix well ensuring you do it gently. Adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve hot immediately.
Hop over at my SIL’s blog as she is running this Marathon with me.