The kabab has many ingredients which are very nutritious however, I have deep fried it. If you prefer low calorie, you could just shallow fry it on a frying pan.
8-10 spinach leaves,
1/2 cup fenugreek leaves,
1/2 cup green peas, boiled, mashed,
3 medium sized potatoes, boiled, grated,
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated,
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped,
8-10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped,
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped,
Salt to taste,
Lemon juices as per taste,
Powdered bread crumbs for binding,
Oil for deep frying
- Blanch the spinach leaves in hot water for 2 mins and immediately put it in cold water. Chop finely and set aside.
- In the same way, blanch the fenugreek leaves. Chop finely and set aside.
- In a deep dish, put the spinach, fenugreek leaves, mashed peas, grated potatoes, cheese, coriander and mint leaves, green chilles, salt and lemon juice. Mix together nicely. Add little bread crumbs powder 1 tbsp at a time until it turns into a thick mixture. Do not add water at all.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Heat the oil until smoking hot.
- Pat the balls into small discs by gently pressing them with both the palms and give it a round shape.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.